The doors of the world were opened to Mariana Baraj’s, thanks to her aesthetic research covering from the roots of folklore to a new language.
An unnamed Copla or an XXI century zamba; in Salta or Japan, it doesn’t matter… she is Everywhere. Talent has no time or place”
Lalo Mir – Encuentro en la Cúpula.
She is an Argentine singer, percussionist, charango player, producer, and composer.
She has nine albums as a soloist.
In May 2019 she recorded “El clavel del aire” at La Fabrique Studios, South of France, artistically directed by Larry Klein, Grammy-winning producer of the World Music album “Same Sky”,
The album was ranked No. 1 on the US iTunes “World Music” category charts, and Top 10 worldwide.
- Winner of the Premio Clarín in 2005, “Revelación del Folklore”
- Winner of the Premios Gardel 2011, “Mejor álbum artista femenina de folklore”
- Winner of the Premios Gardel 2016, Mejor álbum artista femenina de folklore”
- Winner of the Premios Gardel 2017, “Mejor álbum Infantil”
- Nominated for the Latin Grammys Awards 2017
Contact: : Magda Valdivia
Phone: +54 1139355135